PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:06 am 

Y U NO have cloaks???

Post subject: Re: Pre-alpha tailors
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:10 am 
Staff

Imagine how a cloak would look with the backpack. ^^

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:14 am 

You can always draw it under the backpack....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:15 am 

Btw Illuminatzio...I respect you for helping to develope the shard like that, but your excuse for not having cloaks is a bit too funny :D

No seriously...if they could draw everything else to be under the backpack then cloak is not an exception..

Last edited by Bad Karma on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:27 am 
Staff

Haha. I was just kidding.
The real explanation is:

We use the Shattered Legacy player animations. These came with a very limited amount of wearables (all that you see on the shard, and no more).

Adding an item like a cloak would mean using the modern client's cloak animation, and re-positioning every single animation frame of exery single animation action. That's a long and tedious task, that we won't take on unless we are positive we need/want the item.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:32 am 

Ohh all right, now I know the answer on my animation question in another thread. That sucks :( But there wont be many items here, eh? I mean ppl will eventually start begging for more weapons, armor etc. How will you guys deal with that? I mean even now, I can see some weapons and armorn that are 'out of era' like plate gloves, exec axes, metal shields etc. They are shown on paperdolls but not on the chars, which is weird :/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:37 am 

PSSSSSSSSSS

These graphics look just like pre-alpha ones... But there are few new items, including leather armor and robes. Can you guys add that here?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:01 pm 
Staff

Quote:
ppl will eventually start begging for more weapons, armor etc. How will you guys deal with that?
Depending on the item in question and the demand, i think we'll be able to add it as a wearable. But we also have to stay tru to the old school feel, of course.
Quote:
These graphics look just like pre-alpha ones... But there are few new items, including leather armor and robes. Can you guys add that here?
I agree, they look like pre-alpha, however, those items wern't included as wearables. I think it's only Origin concept art.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:03 pm 

Quote:
Depending on the item in question and the demand, i think we'll be able to add it as a wearable. But we also have to stay tru to the old school feel, of course.
Whatdayamean man? Im not asking to add bushido weapons or AOS crap. But ppl will quit without additional armor sets, clothing etc.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:17 pm 

Btw, if you look at the Lich statue in UO you will recognize the lich on the screenshot :P Just saying...

Also Ilutzio, old-school does not mean pre-alpha. Let's be honest, Origin did not plan on developing pre-alpha. So they did not even consider it UO. So pre-alpha is another ultima-like game. The only thing that reminds of UO here are few items from UO and the fact that you guys are using a UO client. Anything else is not UO related.

With that being said, you can make whatever you want with that game, cause that's basically a new game. So stating that something is or isn't oldschool is not accurate. True oldschool is Beta-pre-t2a UO. And since this shard is neither we should concentrate on making a new Ultima-like experience.