All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:10 pm

Post subject: Re: Pre-alpha tailors
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:18 pm 
Staff

People will have to take one thing into condieration though. They'll have to realize the privilege of being able to play UO with the pre-alpha graphics.

If they demand new weapons, armour, clothing etc etc, they will lose the pre-alpha player avatar. Cause then we'll add the modern playermobile back in, and then we can have all the wearables we like.
But is that really what we want? I don't think so.
Players will have to adapt to not having the items they please. They can't both have the cookie and eat it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:21 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:58 pm 
Administrator

Quote:
Ohh all right, now I know the answer on my animation question in another thread. That sucks :( But there wont be many items here, eh? I mean ppl will eventually start begging for more weapons, armor etc. How will you guys deal with that? I mean even now, I can see some weapons and armorn that are 'out of era' like plate gloves, exec axes, metal shields etc. They are shown on paperdolls but not on the chars, which is weird :/
Where are you getting these items?

Robes/cloaks are 'out of era' as well. Whats your point?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:05 pm 

I got plate gloves and other items from knights..I think I told you.

Out of era or not, you can still draw them yourself. Theres a lot of software for editing UO files graphics files.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:06 pm 
Administrator

Ill fix the knight drops. They shouldnt be dropping gloves.

Im not adding robes or cloaks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:10 pm 

Why may I ask? I always liked that you can dress what ever you want on your character in UO. This is making this game unique from most other games.

Or are you just mad because you have been killed by pk's who wear robes and cloaks? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:14 pm 
Administrator

Quote:
Why may I ask? I always liked that you can dress what ever you want on your character in UO. This is making this game unique from most other games.

Or are you just mad because you have been killed by pk's who wear robes and cloaks? :mrgreen:
Your kidding right?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:19 pm 
Staff

Quote:
you can still draw them yourself. Theres a lot of software for editing UO files graphics files.
We are aware of the tools.
But you're not aware that this project has taken seweral years to reach the point of stable open testing.

We're not about to waste time on adding cloaks or robes. There are more pressing matters at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:23 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
you can still draw them yourself. Theres a lot of software for editing UO files graphics files.
We are aware of the tools.
But you're not aware that this project has taken seweral years to reach the point of stable open testing.

We're not about to waste time on adding cloaks or robes. There are more pressing matters at this point.
I understand dude. Calm down. But see... Im gonna stay here, and I am expecting that you guys will make a candy out of this project. I trust you guys. Buut see...if there are only boots, skirt, pants and a tunic + one armor set to wear people will get bored soon. Just saying. Im not demanding or anything, Im just trying to find out how far will this project go. Will it stop in the middle or will it be something really worth playing.

Dont get me wrong but I can remember a lot of shards which were up for years and then closed and the Staff were only giving away worthless promises for several years and in the end they were just closing shards and they werent even close to their set goals. I hope you guys are not their type.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:42 pm 
Administrator

Whats to come and stay is hard to know for sure. We have to decide as we go not follow past systems or notions. The aim here is not to completely follow any other era but to have it be its own. Lets figure out what to remove/add and why, not based of whats already been done or opinion but to its core and how it will richen the environment.

Currently we are trying to get a basis of the pre-alpha original design. Then go from there.