All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

Post subject: Night of the Ganksters
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:42 am 

I was spending another quiet night at the Blacksmith when suddenly I was joined by Splinta. It was a welcome change to the recent solitude. We exchanged a few polite greetings and then we decided to slay a guard. But alas, our skills were no match and Splinta was slain at my feet as I hid in the shadows. Feeling a bit mischievous, I decided to steal Splinta's house key. I proceeded to his home and moved his two bags of belongs outside behind a tree for a good laugh. He took it very seriously and quickly things took a turn for the worse.

I searched about for Splinta and found him near the Blacksmith shop. He made some threatening remarks,including that he was going to break into my home, and then stormed off. He was not yet aware that I had not actually taken anything. I followed him towards his house after failing to craft myself a new curved heater: upon reaching his home I was met with a sad surprise.

Splinta had conspired with Prodigalist, a man I had never met, to take my life. Before I could say a word, I was stuck with Curse and blasted by a Fireball. I ran directly to town. After recovering from the shock of the assault, I bandaged my minor wounds, steeled myself, and headed into combat. My valor was swiftly rewarded, as Splinta fell in combat:

Prodigalist, on the other hand, was much more handy with a weapon and proved difficult to down. After chasing him off twice, I left him be and gathered the spoils of my half victory. However, the day was not yet won.

I returned to Britain to refresh myself and to reflect on the death of my old friend, Splinta. However, I was not given much time. Prodigalist and Splinta both joined me very shortly after. They complained that I cheated and used a guard, despite being quite far from the guard zone and none appearing in the picture above. I tried to calmly explain that they hardly played fair, anyway, and that sometimes wannabe Ganksters get guard whacked. However, I was not satisfied with only killing Splinta. I offered a re-match, which was first flatly refused; I was only given excuse after excuse as to why I was holding Splinta's head. I even offered to flag to prevent any further false claims of guard interference.

Resolved that I wasn't going to get a straight rematch, I headed to the Bridge of Death and flagged grey. Sure enough, within a few minutes Splinta and Prodigilist worked up the nerve to come down on me when they saw me at about half health after taking a guard whack. Maybe they should have waited until I was a quarter health?

Splinta went down first, and he went down fast:

Prodigilist again proved to be a bit more difficult, but unfortunately, he ran himself into a dead end this time and hid right where I couldn't miss him:

The day at last won, I helped myself to the spoils and headed home:

I'm certain there will be excuses as to my victory. As to guard interference, please note that I am now red.

And also note that I took full GM plate off of Prodigilist:

Gentlemen, I am perfectly willing to return all the loot, so long as you deliver a public apology for attempting to take my life in such a devious way. Velner: 3 Ganksters: 0. Enjoy your day.

-Velner

P.S. Seriously, though, this was the most fun I've had on the server yet! Hope to see you all on more often - playing alone just isn't the same.

Post subject: Re: Night of the Ganksters
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:37 am 

Lol. Disappointed in you two..
Don't feed the egomaniacs easy kills!

Also prodigalist.. using pure mage stats on this server is probably not very wise in its current state.
I'd bump that dex way up. According to MYEUO you're using 35 dex which must be even lower with platemail on. That is insane.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:29 pm 

First, id like to say it was quite fun. An thanks for the fights.

Now for some clearing up of things.

We were attempting to kill the guard, which you almost died... and probably would of if i didnt land those few heals on you. The guard was chasing you as i was chasing as well with another In Vas Mani. You hid, the guard turned around and hit me for nearly half my hp. I then procedded across the bridge and ran into you invisible. I died. You looted my key. At the time i did not know you have moved it under a tree in front of my house. I made my way back to find you and told you that i will get vengence.

When i arrived back at my house i found the bag, and i literally laughed out loud. I was in my house and you came back, standing on my door steps. I open the door and you started attacking me immediately. You drew first blood, not I.

Your skills are far more superior to mine, and thats a fact. I called in Prodigalist. Ill admit, it was a 2v1 attempt from the start. BUT as you ran into town hiding around the guards they attack me as well. Prodigalist ran away with a guard chasing him and another was on me. The guard hit me and i was low, you right away took advantage and came after me. You can admit it or not, but that guard was more of a help to you then Prodigalist was to me. Everyone knows your a runner, just ask Ooj.

You eventually killed me, but only because hand-axes are retardedly overpowered. You interrupted all my spells and did you think i could heal with 70 first aid? Or defend your attacks with me 60ish battle defense?

We then met in town where you started correcting my grammar like a total tool. And it was stupid shit like "too" instead of "to". Because your so intellectually superior and so calm, your a pro bro...

Why didn't you show screenshots of you running 1v1 when i had you redlined? Guys, he ran from the crypt road up to the very north farms. LOL

Next time ill be sure to record the whole thing if your going to mix up the facts so much.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:58 pm 

Splenda:

That's no way to be. I just wanted an apology. (; ; ) I fear I am on at least three hit lists for this. Should make things more interesting when people are on, at least. :P See you in game.

-Velner