All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am

Post subject: A few things I'd like to see added.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:53 pm 
FD Staff

1.) House transferring.

Say a player wants my home, particularly the location of my home.
It's all trust without a house trading system, making it easy to rip someone off. For example with the current system, I could tell the player if you want my location give me the price value of my home plus extra and I will drop the home so you can place in its spot. Once the player hands over the gold I could simply run off or into my home and close the locked door and that would be the end of it minus making an enemy.

So adding a house transfer system would allow a little more comfort to it, plus what if I decide I want to give the home over to a friend. With the current system I would have to demolish the home and either buy them a house deed or hand them the gold at the bank.

2.) Creating Checks.

In order to make sales with large amounts, for example a house transfer. You would need to carry a check for the amount of gold being that the gold would weigh too much. Checks IMO should be loot-able, not newbied or blessed, making it risky to carry one. Which would add a bit of fun to house transferring, theres a chance the player could attack and kill the check carrier. Checks would be the only other thing besides gold allowed in your bank.

3.) Maps.

A map of the town(s), surrounding area, forts, and so on would be amazing. Unless the user has Razor for the UO Positioning System, the mini map helps but is limited on view. A map would at least give you a general idea of the area you're about to venture into. They could be craft-able or purchase-able from NPC's.

Post subject: Re: A few things I'd like to see added.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:26 pm 
Administrator

1. I touched basis on this in your other thread here.

I can say at this point, I will be adding a secure house transfer option soon.

2. You make a good point. Cost of goods (housing or other) will make carrying the gold around too difficult if not impossible. I also agree checks shouldn't be blessed or newbied. We'll have to watch closely for abusive ganking, trapping and stealing. Perhaps a bank check would be a difficult item to take with stealing skill? Ill add this in and watch it as time goes on.

3. We have a unfinished portion of the maps and cartography system in the works. Ilutzio has some great ideas on this topic, ill give him the chance to touch on this subject.

Post subject: Re: A few things I'd like to see added.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:42 pm 
Staff

3. Maps will be needed and added in a simpler form then Cartography, which i don't think is needed at this point. Probly not purchasable from NPCs, it will drop from monsters, so it's an achievement to have it.
You will need it greatly on your journey to a new island town, and to the islands of bountiful treasures, far beyond the horizon, from Britain docks.
Colonisation, resourse gathering, trading and the indiginous peoples rebellion. This will involve a lot of work though, and we've only just started it.
I'm excited for it though! What id your opinion?