All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: First Dawn's Goal
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:42 pm 
Administrator

I have had a good amount of people i showed this project to think its something its not. So this thread it to solely describe what its all about.

What it's NOT:

* Emulator
* 100% replica of the pre-alpha client (i never wanted a full replica ill explain why later)
* Continuance of Max's Ultima-Offline emulator (or ethereal void)

What it is:

* A free shard based on the 1996 pre-alpha client
* Uses a replica map along with some animations, gumps, sounds and music.
* It is to work with the modern UO client

In all, my whole purpose of First Dawn was to give many players the experience of what might have been Ultima Online if OSI had kept their development in the pre-alpha style world. To me, the pre-alpha's environment was MUCH more Ultima(single player games released before UO) based. I think the mixture of the modern client with pre-alphas environment is a great idea. So many people are interested in UO history, what a better way to show them the beginning. Actually making a 100% replica of the pre-alpha would produce a boring, much to simple, feature lacking and incomplete world. I plan to use pre-alpha's map, some animations, most if not all art, some gumps and incorporate some lost and forgotten spells/skills/systems. Give players a true "old-school" experience. A project like this is a test-needed kind of thing, i'm rushing to get things ready for the first test to let players explore and test out the features. Being that most of the features modern UO has will be removed and some old/new brought in. I tend to balance things as much as possible. I want pvp to be as adrenaline rushing as ever, roleplay to be welcomed with open arms and the enviorment players to have much to discover.

We have all seen MANY shards go down due to wrong descisions over and over. Lack of player appreciation, there are however some great shards and staff out there. My goal here is to get a system in place that will make the majority of players comfortable and keep it that way. I will listen to my players, respect them and realize that THEY make it possible and have kept this game alive for over two decades! Thank you and if i had to put my own quote out there it would be:

"You the players brought me many years of friends and fun, EnigmaUO my little contribution in return"

Get involved, you won't want to miss what happens here.

-Draconis

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]