All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 am

Post subject: Velner killed my door man
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:14 am 

while I was killing skeleons in the graveyard (killed 1,500 gold worth of skeletons), velner decided to track down 1 of the 6 players online, my door man, and kill him, take my red tunic, red skirt, red boots, and house key, cut up the corpse and take his head.

well I don't know the process for "Locksmiths will provide service to replace lost/stolen placed house keys.", don't know the command tried it, no response, to get in my own house I had to demolish it...

all I want is my red tunic and red boots back... I probably won't place a house again, to be honest the housing system is broken,

1. Houses didn't exist in the pre-alpha

2. When I built my first house in october of 1997 it was in town, was a small wood and plaster, build a 2nd one next to it, and a guild made built a 3rd, it was next to the northern bridge just east of blackthorn's castle, on the road off the northern bridge, shortly after (1 or 2 weeks) OSI decided to re-write the housing zone boundaries, so all of our houses were deleted without notice, all items inside included. The 3rd house I built was a tent closest to town on road near moongate, 4th house was a large tower next to the shrine of sacrifice, this was all on great lakes, 5th house was a small brick next to the swamps on the road east of britain, back then there were no house rules, except the newly created 'don't build in the town zone', so people could build 0 tiles away from a tree, 0 tiles away from another house, the full-proof protection for houses back then was building 3 tents or small houses in front of the door-way so no-one could get in except you via recall rune. So I decided to place 3 tents in front of my small brick, and 3 tents in front of my large tower, and had to recall to get in. My guild members liked the protection of the recall, 1 month or so later all tents were deleted, per OSI new rule, no tents allowed, I owned 8 tents at the time, there was 1 placed on top of the large tower, had lots of good stuff in that chest, anyway, before this tent deletion frenzy took place I placed the 3 in front of my small brick, which had an infinite number of rares in there by todays standards, but a few minutes after I placed the 3 tents and small brick house the server crashed, when the servers came up I saw that the 3 tents and small brick were there, but I no longer had the keys to any of them, I checked my bank and saw the deeds to all buildings, 3 tent deeds and 1 small brick house deed, the house sign on my small brick said Dr Pepper, my great lakes name, so I decided to call a GM, I waited about 2 hours before a GM arrived, the GM quickly asked about the 'dupes' in the bank, I told him they weren't dupes and that I had bought 6 tents and 2 houses, heheheh, he bought the story and proceeded to create a set of keys for my 3 tents and 1 brick house, being 1997, a newly released game and him being a newb GM he gave me a set of keys from his GM menu, 2 iron keys for 1 tent, 2 copper keys for 1 tent, 2 gold keys for 1 tent, 2 magic keys for the brick house. He handed me 2 blue glowing looking 'a magic key's, I later quit UO, let the brick house drop with tons of rares, but kept the 2 keys in the bank, I later traded 1 blue key for 1 holiday green ranger armor tunic value (nothing), and kept the other key til 99, sold it on ebay in 99 for 50 bucks.

3. Shortly after changing the house zones and removing all tents OSI provided a solution for people's houses constantly being broken into, they provided newbified house keys and lockdowns, which was a decent alternative to placing 3 tents or houses in front of your house and recalling in....

4. I don't want to make any lists the pre-alpha inaccuracies, I could go on forever with a list, I have a list in my head but I don't want to share it because it wouldn't be constructive, but a player who wants to be established on this shard will seek to build a house, and if their early housing experience is a negative one they will demolish it and possibly not come back. I think it would be awesome to see 100 houses on this small map, but it would require 100 players who are confident in the security of that house, to be confident in the security of a house one must have a secure way to enter and exit that house. Rental houses didn't exist ever in UO, but I like the concept, I don't like to see the empty city houses, I always liked the rental house concept, but I have a radical concept that I know would draw in players, permanent and secure houses, no decay, no idoc, permanent, secure access to the house, this would draw in players I believe, because as far as I know out of the ten dozen free-shards I've played I've never seen one that offered this, I've been playing free shards since the early UOX shards in 1997, to the modern ones, I played hybrid for many years off and on, mostly to refresh my houses, even after having every rare give or take on the entire shard, I let my 4 houses idoc and fall, twice, because that shard isn't unique, I didn't care that my houses fell, it's a money grubbing shard, the creator I could go on about but I'd rather not, but I didn't want to be a permanent member of that shard.

To make a story short, I don't think I can really trust placing another house if my doorman is going to be relentlessly hunted down and killed after being online for only 1 hour, it took velner 1 hour to find my guy next to the newly built house reveal him, a spell I didn't know existed on the shard, and kill and loot him, my spellbook is limited and I really didn't know there was a reveal spell... my doorman was in the house but when I logged out and back in he was outside.

all I want is my red tunic and red boots back... I probably won't place a house again, the housing system is not usable, a housing system that isn't full proof is too gangsta for me, it's even more siege perilous than houses on siege perilous, it's like the nightmare housing system, can't hide your key long enough? you lose all the stuff in your house.

edit: put splinta, meant velner

Last edited by Razimus on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Splinta killed my door man
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:27 am 

Post subject: Re: Splinta killed my door man
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:00 am 
Administrator

To change your locks, simply say "change locks" to the lock smith and he will provide you with a price. However, im aware that this information isn't really out there now that the original player guide is down. We are building a new one.

I'm very aware of the vulnerability in the housing system. Good news is, the upcoming patch (this week) is mainly focused on housing. We are greatly improving the security of housing and its items inside.

Also on a side note, i should probably make a separate thread on this. Any features that you may dislike, want to change or even add you can openly discuss them here, and we take them in consideration and quite possibly will implement them. I envisioned this to evolve around the players who inhabit the world and their desires. The systems in place are just a "skeleton" of where we evolve in and out of.

Post subject: Re: Velner killed my door man
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:41 pm 

well, look forward to the new housing system...

played a game called starport galactic empires, it's one of those free mmo 2d space ship games, pretty unique universe system, where you can land on a planet and take it over by placing a home base and missle launchers on it... the money making scam with this free game is you run out of fuel in 1 hour of gameplay easily, so it took me about 3 weeks to control and max out rocket turrets on about 5 planets, i picked a corner of the universe that no one was in, and what happens, 2 dudes using an exploit take out all of my solar cannon defenses and take over my planets in about 1 hour, 3 weeks of work gone, planets taken over, never played that game again...

hearing that the house system will change sounds good, houses as they stand are as easy to take out as planets in starport...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:17 am 

I like how Draconis changed the whole course of shards development just because one whiner. Gosh this is UO..everybody gets looted sometimes...helps to avoid static garbage you know.

P.S. Razimus..for a hardcore diehard Ultima fan you sound too noobish...are you sure ur not using his name?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:28 am 
Administrator

Quote:
I like how Draconis changed the whole course of shards development just because one whiner. Gosh this is UO..everybody gets looted sometimes...helps to avoid static garbage you know.

P.S. Razimus..for a hardcore diehard Ultima fan you sound too noobish...are you sure ur not using his name?
In this particular case, the upcoming housing changes are not for one persons sake. Its much to vulnerable whether you like it or not and has flaws. I'm changing the whole course of the shard? The changes have been planned and in the works long before this thread was started. I haven't even mentioned specifics on the changes. What an exaggeration, like always with you.

P.S For someone who never plays here, sure a lot of hot air going around.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:53 pm 

Quote:

Yo bad karma send me a message with your skype info i need to chat with you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:47 am 

Yea Ive got email titled as 'Skype' but for some reason my inbox here has no new messages :/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:34 pm 

Quote:

ps.. for a wannabe you sound too die hard, this goes for velner too, you guys needs to ease off of new players, see, if there is no one on the shard your skills are as valuable as a rabbit's, when there is no one do you see, when there is no one there is no point to have anything beyond 0.00% of any skill, if you actually welcome new players your skills will have meaning... and velner that pic of you and lb, it isn't the real lb... but it's funny that you value it so...

i met lb in the game 3 times... 2 times at his castle early in the beta and 1 time at blackthorn's castle when he died... to me felucca isn't felucca it's just uo, but to you guys i guess it's 'hardcore', kill everyone in town, congrats you're the only one left in town... i'll get my red tunic and boots back, if not i guess it doesn't matter, but it would be worth your while to give it back, there are a million games out there, it's hard to keep my attention for long really, when d3 comes out as horrible as it may be, i will play it to the end... but i did choose to play this shard over use the rest of my swtor gametime, that game is not worth playing...

I'm the only Razimus... I registered the ebay name razimus in 1999, i registered razimus.com in 2000, i registered razimus@gmail.com the week gmail began beta testing in 2004. i started raz's ultima page in 1997 it went through various hosts from local ip to geocities to angelfire to prohosting to a copy hosted on artfulgamer, there are some things i want to update so i might make an update sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:18 am 

Well.

Last edited by Bad Karma on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.