All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 am

Post subject: Experience / Suggestions / Bugs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:15 pm 

I have thoruougly enjoyed the old school style, a lot of things seem new even though they are so old. I love the idea of the server and the gameplay. I have tried many facets of the game in my 1 day so far including fighitng skeletons, orcs, gargoyles, the lich lord himself. I have dabbled in smithy alchemy carpentry and tailoring. I have explored most of the map from the graveyard to cove i've gotten a couple rare spawns like a rope and a spider web.

overall great experience!

a couple negatives -- strong handouts, my first 3 hours into the server i had been given 3 items for free, one of these a house? seriously a house..... I'm not a fan of handouts and this is a HUGE turnoff for me.

i would suggest a recipe book for alchemy, a labeled world map would be great as well, of course these are all things that can be completed by a character but would of made my stay easier.

bugs:

I cannot gain magic defense past 0.0 i have tried fighting lich lord, casting on myself, fighting gargoyle, everything i can think of but unable to gain a single point.

In the graveyard if you are underground you can be attacked by monsters above ground

I am able to craft every item in the game ( that im aware of) at 0 crafting skill of each. IE i can make a full suit of armor with 23 blacksmithy.

when crafted a cure potion simply says " a flask"

not sure if this is a bug or not but when making arrows you have to make 1 at a time

Post subject: Re: Experience / Suggestions / Bugs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:49 pm 
Administrator

Quote:
I have thoruougly enjoyed the old school style, a lot of things seem new even though they are so old. I love the idea of the server and the gameplay. I have tried many facets of the game in my 1 day so far including fighitng skeletons, orcs, gargoyles, the lich lord himself. I have dabbled in smithy alchemy carpentry and tailoring. I have explored most of the map from the graveyard to cove i've gotten a couple rare spawns like a rope and a spider web.

overall great experience!

a couple negatives -- strong handouts, my first 3 hours into the server i had been given 3 items for free, one of these a house? seriously a house..... I'm not a fan of handouts and this is a HUGE turnoff for me.

i would suggest a recipe book for alchemy, a labeled world map would be great as well, of course these are all things that can be completed by a character but would of made my stay easier.

bugs:

I cannot gain magic defense past 0.0 i have tried fighting lich lord, casting on myself, fighting gargoyle, everything i can think of but unable to gain a single point.

In the graveyard if you are underground you can be attacked by monsters above ground

I am able to craft every item in the game ( that im aware of) at 0 crafting skill of each. IE i can make a full suit of armor with 23 blacksmithy.

when crafted a cure potion simply says " a flask"

not sure if this is a bug or not but when making arrows you have to make 1 at a time
Hello and welcome to First Dawn. I appreciate the feedback, and happy to see your having an overall great experience.

The handouts were fallout of a untested and broken system i had forgotten to disable before Publish 2. This has been removed.

I do have a recipe book feature in the works. Im waiting until my new additions of the crafting system are done before i release it. The book will automatically log any brew you make, allow players notes, ingredient list and so on.

Magic defense is being looked at, a few other people complained about this as well. Ill keep you updated.

Being attacked through the floor is an ongoing issue. The mobile(skeleton) needs to check its targets Z level before attacking. However its difficult to setup a minimum difference when a player might be in range, but elevated on stairs or a hill etc.. Im working on this atm.

Can you confirm that this actually does allow every item? At 0-10 skill range can you craft plate tunics? This is odd.

Potions are as of right now only distinguishable by color. The hue of the flask should resemble its effect.

Arrow crafting is by design to be 1 at a time. This is very tedious, i agree. A macro can solve this. I suppose its a little unnecessary, how about a dialogue or menu allowing you to select the amount to make / over max ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:19 am 

Quote:
Potions are as of right now only distinguishable by color. The hue of the flask should resemble its effect.
This is actually really cool.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:59 am 

i was able to make robes at 21 tailoring i havent found an item i couldnt craft yet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:03 pm 

also i was just finally able to gain in magic defense by casting Vas Flam on myself

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:08 pm 

Quote:
This does not seem to be the case for all potions, IE potion of strength and healing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:45 pm 

Dyes all appear to make a grey tub, when i click the tub it simply says the tub is empty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:17 am 

unless im missing it, cove is in a huge need of an anvil/forge and somewhere to buy pickaxes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:25 pm 

IMO pickaxes are way too heavy, 11 stones, compared to a shield @ 8 and short swords @ 2

EDIT:
also blacksmith hammers @ 8 compared to carpentry hammers @ 2