All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am

Post subject: I found my home.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:32 pm 

Hello everyone!

I came across this site thru JoinUO top list while i was looking for a new old-school shard to play. I seen First Dawn and i had no idea there was a pre-alpha shard out there. I immediately joined the site and downloaded the launcher. I'd also like to thank First Dawn for such a great tool, i was very pleased to have it do it for me and make the whole process very simple. I cannot think of another shard with a launcher tool like so.

From the new login menus and music i began to feel things were right. As i made my character i began to absorb how much work has gone into this. Amazing. Over the years i have researched in and out of the prealpha and also played around abit with the emulator floating around out there. I have to say, this is downright the most redone and customized shard i have ever played on. From animations right down to overall UI there doesn't seem to be anything really half-done.

I read over quite a few posts here on First Dawn's path. I totally agree. Its a continuation of the pre-alpha rather then a pure clone. I must admit i didn't fully recognize the pre-alphas mystique as i play more, but i figured out why. Its not that First Dawn is a cheap imitation or falsely claimed.. No, its that for the first time outside of the emulator we can enjoy a populated and enriched world of Shattered Legacy. For most of us a prealpha clone would be a empty world with not a single working system. That my friends, would not appeal to anyone.

Overall my point is such: I truely have found that particular UO experience that i have been missing for so long. I thank all of you who put their hard work and time into this shard and making it available to all of us.

A quick mention: In most of my UO life i have been fascinated with crafting and mining. I immediately began to chop at trees and mine what stone i could find as i explore. I was totally impressed to see the tree fall into a stump. I mean when has UO ever had anything like this? It makes me feel as if i changed the world for everyone in so many ways.

I notice not to many people are active i think its mostly due to lack of player interaction, we should get together a schedule to meet up and all play?