All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:55 am

Post subject: Re: Found a lie on the main page...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:05 pm 

We shouldnt let pre-alpha die. And once it is 'decent' (in my personal vision) I will do a lot to advertise it, including videos etc. etc. Right now, we are not even ready. We need like 5879678789749 more content. AYE?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:12 pm 

PSSSSSSSSSSS You can add Inscription to make SB's more common so you can make them lootable :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:28 pm 
Administrator

Lets make it very clear. I have had to mention this more then once already... not sure why.

We are NOT a 100% alpha clone nore will it ever be. I wouldn't want to emulate an empty era. Its a matter of starting from the original idea and taking it to what it could have been. Of course there will be additions here not found in the prealpha. With client limitations there are a good list of things we couldn't get as well.

I loled at the T2A players remark. If i was a T2A player id run a T2A shard. Lets calm down a little.

Your assuming magery(magic) here will be the same OP skill its always been. I don't even see how you could think its not possible to balance magery. There was no skill cap in the pre-alpha, so anyone can train magery and never be short-sighted by one. (you couldnt hope to be very effective as a mage with 20 dex and no armor) Spells currently are very high mana cost. You couldn't spam heal or magic arrow. The chance to fizzle is MUCH higher as i don't believe in a perfect cast everytime. Magic is not balanced right now, nor is alot of things but this is the whole purpose of the testing and what now. I wish i could come right out and open the perfect system. A mage wouldn't wear a full set of plate because of the dex penalties. This is where they are almost completely vulnerable to melee attacks. Doesn't seem as though the mage is hot shit here like usual. Your players stats tell everything about your character, i could care less if someone is 9x.

The wiki is dated and not accurate, says it right on top of the page.

The pre-alpha was so empty, we need to include many features it didn't have. Phase them out one by one or change them to fit accordingly. Trial and error is alot better then assuming (OSI is good at that :P).

Lets not tear down a simple feature because it wasn't in the pre-alpha then later suggest something we know wasn't in the prealpha. Lets not forget what the objective here is.

Nothing is set in stone when it comes to the ruleset. We have to find what works and understand why.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:33 pm 

It is 225 stat cap here? Y Not 300 to make a perfect 100 100 100 built... Or even 350 so one can be a preferably warrior with 150 str or be a more mage-based char with 150 INT.

Above system is not a joke guys, I have played with that on Sphere shards for years. And its awesome.

Last edited by Bad Karma on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:34 pm 
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:36 pm 

Can stats be raised UP, Down or locked then?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:44 pm 

And how can ppl wear full plate with 25 dex? Without other armor sets/plate being the only armor set it will lower every full trained characters dex down to 14 or something. Shove somebody out of the way and youre down to 4 stam :/ + mauls I believe drain stamina. I have seen pots, but I think that they were temporary/not intended.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:50 pm 
Administrator

Quote:
And how can ppl wear full plate with 25 dex? Without other armor sets/plate being the only armor set it will lower every full trained characters dex down to 14 or something. Shove somebody out of the way and youre down to 4 stam :/ + mauls I believe drain stamina. I have seen pots, but I think that they were temporary/not intended.
You couldnt wear a full set with 25 dex. How would someone with 80? dex be down to 14 with a full set??
Where are you getting this from?