All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:43 am

Post subject: Some Bugs.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:18 am 

Let me just say this shard is fun on a bun, these are some various bugs I have found in the time ive been around. Keep up the good work.

Small (odd):
1. Children NPCS have no paper doll, do not answer speech, and generally do nothing.

2. At the Skeleton zone, one can target, fight, and loot skeles inside the crypt whilst standing above it on the surface. Skeles can hit you as well.

3. There are metal chests in the moat across from Lord Britishes castle, very odd, have not found a way to get to them. Only one seems to be a non frozen container.

4. Several NPCs (usually geared up slightly differant) are invulnerable, I seem to recall that being a later addition. These NPCs also do not appear to do or sell anything. They would seem to be acting under quest giver rules or at least the way later rule that made shopkeepers invuln. If these have a function or are quest givers or whatever please disregard.

5. Trees give lightable kindling, but Bedrolls do not exist. just a little odd.

6. NPC Mages will not buy scrolls or use magic to defend themselves.

7. Town chests/shop boxes do not spawn stealables, this might have been a beta inclusion, but I miss it.

Medium (broken):
1. Quas In Lor (reveal?) scrolls are uniformly broken. Can not add scrolls to spellbook and if double clicked it casts Heal instead.

2. Mobiles Vision. Many mobiles have wacky vision issues.

2a. Orcs will not chase off of their starting screen unless you are actually harming them, kinda makes them appear to be huddling in fear. I belive this can be fixed by increasing orcs home range ( the distance they will wander ) on thier spawners. Or perhaps use whatever makes the guards patrol to make monster movement seem naturalish.

2b. Knights/Guards. The Knights are great, but they attack anything that moves even deer and rabbits (I suspect this is because their noto is Red and they are set to attack any positive noto). Also Knights seem to give up a little too early and want to walk home even if you are on the same screen with them, they might need more vision less speed IMHO.

Guards barely work, thier vision needs to be turned up so they do not have to walk patrols, this will recreate the beta era guards who show up on edge of screen and run after people. I understand that we want old style guards but the current ones are jank. ALSO give them the Halbred! :).

3. Stealing. Currently it says both hands must be free to steal. I think it should remain how it is, but that is a later era rule.

4. The wizards Fireball wand is broken. Seems to fizzle nonstop even at high magery.

Large (exploitable):
1. NPC Smiths give out BODs (bulk order deeds) and those deeds give prizes. Fortunatly without colored ingots there are very few prizes folks can exploit for.

2. Armor. One can wear plate arms, which by the graphic, appears to have gloves as well, AND wear gloves. Not sure if this is a bug as I have only seen one pair of plate gloves so far.

Post subject: Re: Some Bugs.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:31 pm 

The chests in the water are basically Easter eggs