All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

Post subject: Fishing
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:42 pm 

Fishing in Ultima was always my main motive to login. Might not sound like much to do but something about relaxing on a bench at the dock awaiting my catch was exciting. Perhaps we could even spice up the skill here. I assume there are no boats which is fine.

What does everyone else think?

Post subject: Re: Fishing
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:59 pm 

I Would love to be able to fish as well.
As you said, he could customize it even to be something even greater.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:52 am 

Corpse U OWE ME!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:38 am 
Administrator

I had an interesting Fishing system somewhat complete before the Private Testing last year. It involved around traditional UO fishing with some additions. Such as skill craftables and new catchables. The system did feel a bit out of place for the era and it never went live. I do plan to release more Enviorment skills such as Fishing and Treasures. (Ever seen the sunken chest in the moat? They were intended for it) I also had plans for players to burry their own treasures. Many perks come from this, such as hidden storage. Of course to counter this, we allow people with sufficient skill (Cartography?) to track/plot maps to possible treasure. If i do add Fishing/Treasures it will be much more hands-on then we see traditionaly. We do need to remember, Fishing will be quite dull without boat access or water travel.

I got quite the list of bugs to fix and a few other big additions to get ready before i move on with this.

So to answer your question more directly: Yes there will likely be Fishing, but not anytime soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:22 pm 

Quote:
I had an interesting Fishing system somewhat complete before the Private Testing last year. It involved around traditional UO fishing with some additions. Such as skill craftables and new catchables. The system did feel a bit out of place for the era and it never went live. I do plan to release more Enviorment skills such as Fishing and Treasures. (Ever seen the sunken chest in the moat? They were intended for it) I also had plans for players to burry their own treasures. Many perks come from this, such as hidden storage. Of course to counter this, we allow people with sufficient skill (Cartography?) to track/plot maps to possible treasure. If i do add Fishing/Treasures it will be much more hands-on then we see traditionaly. We do need to remember, Fishing will be quite dull without boat access or water travel.

I got quite the list of bugs to fix and a few other big additions to get ready before i move on with this.

So to answer your question more directly: Yes there will likely be Fishing, but not anytime soon.
Aw you should have released it anyways! Id love to see fishing and treasure hunting work together. You should def atleast put in a test verion for a bit to see how it works out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:41 am 

The first thing I ran to when I logged in...The Docks to get a fishing poll... I sure hope this feature comes soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:11 pm 
Administrator

Quote:

This system is still lingering around in our test server. I think ill round it up for a public test, put it live and see how it turns out. Ill watch the feedback, and we can go from there. Expect this to happen soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:38 am 

I look forward to Fishing being implemented. I am excited to have new skills to work. Thanks for your hard work, Draconis.

Velner