All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:50 am

Post subject: Bounty
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:21 pm 

Can I attack someone who is on the wanted/bounty list in town without turning grey?
If not please explain this logic?

EDIT:
Just tested it for my self, and you indeed turn grey in town for attacking a wanted person.
This is a very trammelized feature.
Why even have a bounty system when all they have to do is sit in town with their guard patrol? (guards who apparently want this persons dismembered head).. safely and soundly.

To top it all off that wanted person can in turn give you a count for collecting on a bounty sanctioned by the town guards.

Not to mention the problem that was always inherent in the bounty system..
Collecting the bounty on yourself with an alt.

The remedy is to use and alter this feature here....
Quote:
Perma Grey: Has previously stolen from an innocent (blue) and is freely attackable by all. Perma greys are tough to spot as their name appears blue unless you attack them, upon which point they remain grey to you until they die. A player must be in the NPC thieves guild to qualify as a perma grey. Be warned, attacking a non perma grey thief will be considered a criminal action. The most confusing colour flagging system.
Disclaimer:
I'm not trying to put your server down.
I'm trying to help it.

Post subject: Re: Bounty
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:55 pm 
FD Staff

Nice points corpse. I haven't messed with the bounty system here so I've yet to find any flaws.

I agree with your statement, how is a man whom has a bounty on his head able to stand near a guard.
Well just as in irl, If a man is wanted he can go shopping nearly anywhere without turning any heads. Some people go years before getting caught. So guards attacking players who have a bounty is a no in my opinion. BUT, I do think that a player with a bounty should be perma grey to everyone, able to be attacked and the attacker remain blue.

Now people farming their own bounties, that's gonna be a little more of a pain to solve. For starters make bounties (if it isn't this way already) set that if once murdered you choose whether to place a bounty on the PK but the money comes out of your bank. If you have no gold, thus a shame poor peasant.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:01 am 

Hi, thank you Denaro.

I would just like to say that I didn't actually mean that the guards should attack wanted criminals. Just for us to at least be able attack the bounty in front of them :p.

Also bounties do in fact come out of your own pocket money.

Thanks for replying. Hopefully this gets changed !
Quote:
Nice points corpse. I haven't messed with the bounty system here so I've yet to find any flaws.

I agree with your statement, how is a man whom has a bounty on his head able to stand near a guard.
Well just as in irl, If a man is wanted he can go shopping nearly anywhere without turning any heads. Some people go years before getting caught. So guards attacking players who have a bounty is a no in my opinion. BUT, I do think that a player with a bounty should be perma grey to everyone, able to be attacked and the attacker remain blue.

Now people farming their own bounties, that's gonna be a little more of a pain to solve. For starters make bounties (if it isn't this way already) set that if once murdered you choose whether to place a bounty on the PK but the money comes out of your bank. If you have no gold, thus a shame poor peasant.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:15 am 
FD Staff

Well thats good to know, I havent had the privilage of pking anyone yet. I did afk someone :twisted: couldn't resist !!