All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:42 pm

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: 4/27/2011 Update *a little history*
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:34 pm 
Administrator

First off i owe apologies to all those who have participated on our past forums. Ill come clean on this one and explain.

I started working on this project with Ilutzio around 2006 and we really had no idea where to begin. After over a year of research, sharpening our programming and spending countless hours on the net, we finally got ourself a solid project progressing. We had planned to do a complete clone of the 1996 pre-alpha project. Obviously this wouldn't be easy. We began by gathering all the materials we had available to us. Our first focus was to get a replica map. I'm glad to say we finally have a 90% (nothings perfect and still some testing to do) accurate map. We also had intentions to not only clone the client but make it plug-in to the modern client.

As with most, as time went by so did real life situations. Around 2008 the project really fell apart after the original site was closed and i became involved in real life problems that really limited my time on the project. As with Ilutzio he has became very busy and has almost no time to work on the project. After numerous returns to complete the project and multiple sites being closed. I have come back one last time to say:

"I'm back for good and we will get this project done!"

Thats right, unless some unforeseen accident happens, if i should drown in my own vomit or be killed by swine flu.. i will not let this project fall and be unfinished any longer.

I would also like to introduce our new staff member Bicchus Dicchus. He has taken my confidence and capabilities beyond what i could ever have reached by myself. Respect him, he's part of the reason im here to get things going.

Here is the technical UPDATES:

New website (obiously, and it rocks!)
MyEUO opened
Map is about 90% done, now it just requires testing.
Animations have begun to explain themself and im in the process of adding them into the first test patch.
I have been looking over the server itself for any problems, i have noticed some lag issues as of late, i will fix this.

I promise the first test will be soon and i will open the forms to join.

If your a guest reading this for the first time, do yourself a favor and register and make a daily visit. You wont want to miss what happens here.

-Draconis

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]