All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:18 pm

Post subject: What Happened?!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:17 am 

Hey,

i just found that Page and spend my first Hour in game imprisoned in flashbacks to my past :D but now i have to see: For no explainable reason every aktivity on this page and on the server stopped a few month ago..

Whats goin on?
Any plans for the future? or are the servers just online cause someone forgot to turn them off?

Greets
Bul

Post subject: Re: What Happened?!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:33 pm 
Staff

Haha!

I can imagine it being like stumbling upon an ancient civilazation. The sunken Atlantis or Troy or Pompeii.
But it's not like that, exacly. The 'gods' have overseen these ancient ruins, all the while.

In fact, we've been working quite a lot behind the scenes, on the biggest Publish in First Dawn history. This is a real whopper, that touches on many things, polishes many, and expands on what we allready have.
Some features have never been seen in UO before.

We plan to launch a marketing campain at the same time as the Publish, as well as a total revamp of the website/forum.

Stay tuned, and you will see some amazing things happen to Atlantis!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:05 am 

Quote:
Haha!

I can imagine it being like stumbling upon an ancient civilazation. The sunken Atlantis or Troy or Pompeii.
But it's not like that, exacly. The 'gods' have overseen these ancient ruins, all the while.

In fact, we've been working quite a lot behind the scenes, on the biggest Publish in First Dawn history. This is a real whopper, that touches on many things, polishes many, and expands on what we allready have.
Some features have never been seen in UO before.

We plan to launch a marketing campain at the same time as the Publish, as well as a total revamp of the website/forum.

Stay tuned, and you will see some amazing things happen to Atlantis!
Sounds promising. Any info? Like estimated release date? I hope this project won't die. It's already something never achieved before...there were attempts but they never got that far as this particular project.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 am 
Staff

I don't want to reveal too much about the coming Publish and site Revamp.
Only that there will be a huge expansion. New systems, a unique feature that's got to do with NPCs (never before seen in Ultima Online).

The site has gotten a complete overhal, and it's looking almost like a work of art. We're also adding a First Dawn Wiki.

ETA for release is VERY hard to say. Since we've moved the release date forward about three times. We really planned a whopper with this one, and at every turn and finished system, we started adding more, untill it spun out of hand, and we got more work then we could handle.

We've almost caught up with all that work, though. And we hope players will appreciate the new additions.

A likely ETA: Within a month. But no guarantees. =)

I'm happy there's interest though! It makes us work even harder!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:48 am 

Well, I wish you guys enough patience for your excellent work. Im glad to hear that the project isnt dead and the idea is still breathing :)

Good luck. Hope to see it soon. You definately added the intrique :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:46 pm 

I just hope the new site wont be anything like modern wow or runescape sites haha.. I believe shard like that should also have the site which is somehow representing the atmosphere of the 90's. Kinda like current website and forums look like. In fact, my experience shows that the more admins try to invest into site using all kinds of java, flash, php stuff...the less they invest into scripting and overall world content. Just my two cents. Im not suggesting anything..I know the work is already more than half way through and I dont want you to stop and/or change your plans on anything..Im sure you are doing the great job and once again good luck yall ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:56 pm 
Staff

The site will have an old-new feel to it, but no Java or Flash.

I don't agree at all about a well made site would lower the achual game content. Quite the opposite in fact. A professional website shows that the staff is professional, and knowledgable, and care about the shard.

The quality of the website sends direct signals to the visitors of what to expect in-game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 am 

Well golly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:57 pm 

Sup?