All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 am

Post subject: Found a lie on the main page...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:31 am 

Features we don't have nor will implement:

Blessed or newbie items.

Well, spellbook is still there. :(

You might say..its spellbook, its has already been like that. Well, IMO mages are too overpowered, in ANY era. So keeping your spellbook should be a skill, getting your spells should be a skill, keeping your mystic knowledge should be a skill..

With that being said, it is still blessed... I think you guys should either fix it or add "except spellbooks" in your 'things that you will never add' list. Because otherwise how can I trust you, if there are lies on your page? Perhaps, people who are looking for a gameplay, described on your sire should already quit, since it is not so...

Do not take it as an offense. But do you know how many billion shards I have seen where the Staff promises one thing, but at the same time forgets all their promises and developes the shard in an opposite way, but the site description is always the same...

Post subject: Re: Found a lie on the main page...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:45 am 
Staff

Making the spellbook lootable will be less era accurate then having it newbied. In pre-alpha, you casted spells off a pop-up menu, that couldn't be looted.

On our shard it will take a good ole while to gather all the scrolls for a full spellbook. I estimate around 50-150 skeleton/orc kills. It doen't make sense that someone can just take that hard work away from you.

Although you're right about the Features page being faulty. I will update that now. Ty!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:52 am 

Yes sir...you're right, in pre-alpha they casted from a menu. Buuut.......but Magery is always a great advantage sir. To great. And lootable books would balance mages out,

Mages will obviously form a guilds, in order to make it better to survive and keep their books.

Im really dissapointed that you guys dont want to make them lootable. But, anyways, most players are trammies and unfortunately the staff has to sympotize them.

P.S. Im making a mage here, and Im all down for lootable spellbooks.

Well, I still hope I will meet as hardcore players as myself one day :( Until that day, let spellbooks be blessed :/ Fucking trammies...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:01 am 
Staff

I see your point about trying to balance mages out.
We both have - no regs to cast-, and -cast with wepon equipted-.
On the other hand, we will make certain that mages aren't OP by testing, balancing, altering and re-balancing.

We want an enjoyable, realistic, balanced combat system for all thinkable classes and playstyles. I just feel that letting mages re-gather their spellbook every time it's looted is the wrong way to go about it. It's almost like a punishment rather then a challange.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:10 am 

Quote:
I see your point about trying to balance mages out.
We both have - no regs to cast-, and -cast with wepon equipted-.
On the other hand, we will make certain that mages aren't OP by testing, balancing, altering and re-balancing.

We want an enjoyable, realistic, balanced combat system for all thinkable classes and playstyles. I just feel that letting mages re-gather their spellbook every time it's looted is the wrong way to go about it. It's almost like a punishment rather then a challange.

Man, idk what planet are you from, but balancing mages is a myth. Im a 14 years old UO player. I have tried so many shards that I cant even recall most of them. Ive also played on a shards of different emulators (Sphere, POL with/without Zulu scripts and Sphere). And I tell you this. Balancing mages is a myth.

And the fact that you guys removed the need of regs is only making them even more easier to master/play. Anyways...according to Ultima lore..regs were added since U4 I quess...when it was already Britannia and not Sosaria. UO is about Britannia. Just saying...

I know most of you dont care about Ultima lore, but I am feeling that Draconis does a little...

Im not begging for regs. But if you guys are really thinking that you can balance makges WITHOUT removing Magery at all, then you are either bluffin or you dont know what are you talking about.

Removing injury on spellbooks will not only dramatically impove PvP, but the gameplay overall. Once again, imagine a group of mages who hold a meeting in the mage tower etc. Mage/scholar guilds will have a real meaning.

Ohh..what Im talking all this for... :/ Eh....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:22 am 
Staff

I doubt there will even be "mages". Every warrior will cast spells, and every "mage" will weild a weapon.
Magery will be standard arsenal for every pvp:er. Hence i beleive it is possible to balance it, since everyone will use it.
We just need more testing done. For example: Fireball shouldn't do more damage then a strong weapons median damage.
Heal spell shouldn't heal more then a bad bandage apply.
We could reduce mana regain or mana cost etc etc.

I believe we can balance magery fairly well. Keep in mind, we only have a limited spell library.
I agree that with 8 circles of magic, mages are so OP it's rdiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:28 am 

But magic still gives you a lot of advantages, such as you can reveal trammies or heal yourself really fast. And I dont find the point of reducing bandage damage heal because bandages take much longer to heal than magery, if its not preT2A healing here, which I doubt cuz you guys are T2A playaz :P

Plus with GM magery and 100 INt you can basically do In Por ylem, whack, Por ylem, whack, Por ylem, whack, Por ylem, whack, Por ylem, whack, Por ylem, whack etc...since if your wiki doesnt lie MA deals 8-12 damage here with GM skill :/

So its still pretty much unbalanced against non-magery users. Well, there wont by any here, but what if they come? Huh?

Also, I completely agree with you that 8 circle spells make mages sooo OP...I am feeling shame for my favourite game to create such an unbalanced PvP :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:53 am 
Staff

In my perosnal opinion (era-accurate or not), i think spells should cost more mana. The amount of mana you have should be in correlation with how beefy the dmg/heal is of the spell.

This would mean that you can perhaps only cast one damage spell and one heal spell, before you have to wait for mana regen.

In pre-alpha, i think of magery more as a side-tool to your warrior abilities, and not as an entire arsenal of spells that you can cast all day long.

But time will tell. We'll need some extensive testing to figure out how to even it all out. =)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:58 am 

Iright...once I get enough scrolls I will be doing magery and I will make sure I will test it in every aspect :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:02 pm 
Staff

Awesome! I like your dedication!